How to Cook Korean Braised Baby Potatoes (Gamja Jorim) - Best Pinoy Version! - HOMEMADE
- ½ kilo of baby potatoes (the size of quail eggs)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or any cooking oil
- 3 tablespoons Soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons honey, or sugar
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- ¼ cup Water (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Wash and cut into 1-inch cubes the baby potatoes.
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium high heat, add cooking oil and potatoes.
- Pan Fry the potatoes about 4 to 5 minutes or until the potato’s edges are slightly light golden brown.
- Add the sliced garlic and stir well.
- Add water and soy sauce. Pour into the potatoes and bring to a boil.
- Add honey syrup or sugar and salt.
- Keep at a hard boil until most of the liquid is gone and thicken, 15 to 20 mins or until the potatoes are fully cooked.
- Stir occasionally so the potatoes will cook evenly and coated with the sauce evenly.
- Remove from heat and garnish with sesame seeds to your taste.
- Serve and enjoy!