How to Cook Paksiw na Galunggong sa Sampalok
- 5 pcs galunggong
- 2 cups green tamarind adjust according to your taste
- 1 pc tomato chopped
- 1 pc onion chopped
- 2-3 thumbs ginger skinned and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- 2 cups water
- 2 pcs green chilies
- Clean and remove innards of the fish. Cut into halves. Set aside.
- Break the tamarind fruit then arrange it in a cooking pot. Add the ginger, onion, tomato, garlic, fish, salt, pepper, water, and green chilies.
- Place the cooking pot on the stove. Turn on the heat. Cover and simmer in low heat for 10-15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated.
- Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy your paksiw na galunggong sa sampalok!