How to Cook Pancit Bihon
- 375 g 3 sheets pancit bihon
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc onion medium, sliced
- 1 pc red bell pepper medium, julienned
- 1/4 cup Baguio beans sliced
- 1 pc carrot medium, julienned
- 1/2 pc cabbage shredded
- 2 tbsp celery leaves chopped
- 1/2 lb chicken sliced into bite-size pieces
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tbsp fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 6 pcs calamansi for seasoning
- In a preheated wok, heat about 2 tbsp cooking oil.
- Add garlic and onion. Sauté until garlic turn golden brown.
- Add the chicken. Cook until turn brown.
- Add carrot, red bell pepper, cabbage, Baguio beans, and celery. Mix and cook until vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- Remove the cooked vegetables and chicken from the wok. Set aside.
- In the same wok, add chicken stock, salt, pepper, soy sauce, and 2 tbsp vegetable oil. Stir well.
- Add the bihon noodles. Cook until noodles become soft and liquid evaporates completely.
- Add back the cooked vegetables and chicken. Put more fresh celery for added flavor and aroma. Mix well.
- Serve with sliced fried pork and season with calamansi. Enjoy your pancit bihon!