How to Cook Pancit Canton
- 400g pancit canton noodles
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pc medium-sized onion sliced
- ½ cup chicken gizzard, sliced into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pc medium-sized carrot, julienned
- 1 pc medium-sized red bell pepper, julienned
- ¼ cup Baguio beans, sliced
- ½ pc cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup oyster sauce
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 5 tsp cooking oil
- 6 pcs calamansi, for seasoning
- Heat about 3 tbsp cooking oil in a wok. Add garlic and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add the chicken gizzard. Cook until it turns slightly brown.
- Add about 1 tbsp of soy sauce and 1 tbsp of oyster sauce. Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- While stirring, add vegetables one by one. Start with the carrots, red bell pepper, Baguio beans, and lastly, the cabbage. Cook until the vegetables are tender yet crisp.
- Transfer the cooked chicken with vegetables to a bowl. Set aside.
- On the same wok, pour the chicken stock. Add the remaining soy sauce, oyster sauce, and oil. Add salt and pepper. Stir well.
- Add the pancit canton noodles. Cook until the noodles become soft and it absorbs the sauce completely.
- Add the cooked chicken with vegetables. Mix well then remove from heat.
- Serve with calamansi and fried pork toppings. Enjoy your pancit canton!