How to Cook Pineapple Fried Rice
- 4 cups of leftover rice
- pineapple chunks from 1/2 pineapple
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 pc small onion minced
- 1 pc small red bell pepper chopped
- 1 pc small green bell pepper chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp chili powder optional
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- First, we need to make a pineapple bowl- Cut 1 whole pineapple lengthwise not removing the crown. Remove the core of one-half pineapple by slicing crisscross to cut the flesh. Be careful not to cut the corners. Scoop out the flesh then set aside the pineapple bowl. Cut the flesh into small chunks.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan. Melt the butter in the hot oil.
- Add garlic, onion, and bell pepper. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add pineapple chunks, chili powder (optional), salt, and pepper. Sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add the leftover rice. Stir occasionally and cook for 2 to 3 minutes. Turn off heat when done.
- Transfer the fried rice to the prepared pineapple bowl. Put chopped green onion on top if desired.
- Serve and enjoy your pineapple fried rice!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More