How to Cook Stir Fry Tofu with Vegetables
- 14 ounces extra-firm tofu cubed
- ¼ cup garlic minced
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 medium carrot sliced
- ½ cup green and red bell pepper
- ¼ cup ginger minced
- ¼ cup snow peas
- ¼ cup button mushrooms sliced
- ¼ cup onion leeks chopped
- 1 pc chili chopped (optional)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 ½ tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tbsp cornstarch diluted in ½ cup water
- Vegetable oil
- Deep-fry the tofu until slightly brown. Set aside.
- Heat about 2 tbsp of oil in a pan. Add the garlic, ginger, onion, and carrot. Sauté until the onion becomes translucent.
- Add the snow peas, bell pepper, and mushrooms. Cook for 1 minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, soy sauce, and diluted cornstarch. Mix and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the fried tofu, onion leeks and chili. Mix then remove from heat.
- Serve in a bowl. Garnish with chopped onion leeks and sesame seeds if desired.