How to Cook Sweet and Sour Fish
- 2 pcs tilapia or any fish
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 pc red bell pepper, cut into serving pieces
- 1 pc green bell pepper, cut into serving pieces
- ¼ cup ginger, julienned
- 2 tbsp onion, sliced
- 1 small pack (sachet) pineapple tidbits w/ juice
- ¼ cup banana ketchup
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved in ¼ cup water
- 1 cup water
- cooking oil
- Clean and remove scales of the fish.
- Put some slits on both sides of the fish. Rub salt and pepper on the skin.
- Mix flour and cornstarch on a plate. Coat the fish with the mixture.
- Heat cooking oil in a pan then deep-fry the fish. Turn occasionally.
- If fish meat turns golden brown. Remove from the pan then set aside.
- Heat about 2 tbsp cooking oil in a pan. Add ginger and onion. Sauté until fragrant.
- Add green and red bell peppers. Sauté for another 1 minute.
- Add water, pineapple tidbits with juice, sugar, vinegar, and ketchup. Stir well then bring to a boil.
- Add the dissolved cornstarch. Stir continuously and cook until the sauce thickens.
- Combine sauce and fried fish on a serving dish.
- Serve with steamed rice and enjoy your sweet and sour fish!