How to Make Banana Steam Cupcake / Banana Puto
- 3 – 4 pcs. ripe Bananas
- 1/2 kg all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 pc egg
- 1 can 370ml evaporated milk
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl, mash the banana.
- While continuously mixing, add all the remaining ingredients one by one except for the flour.
- Add a small amount of flour to the mixture then adjust later on. The mixture should not be too dry or too runny. It’s better to use an electric hand mixer for the final mix.
- Prepare the puto molders with cupcake liners.
- Fill each molder with the mixture then arrange them properly in the steamer.
- Steam for about 10-15 minutes or test with a toothpick, if it comes out clean then the puto is cooked.
- Remove the puto from the molders.
- Serve and enjoy your banana puto!