This cheesecake is the alter ego to the classic New York–style cheesecake with a press-in cookie crust. Inspired by a Basque version, this is the cheesecake that wants to get burnt, cracked, and cooked at high heat. Which also means this is the cheesecake that’s impossible to mess up.
- 3 cups (675 grams) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup white sugar
- 5 whole eggs
- 1 cup cream (heavy, or thickened, or all-purpose, or sour cream)
- 2 tbsp all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1 tbsp. Vanilla
- Few of Salt
- Lightly greased the pans
- Put parchment paper onto the pans
- Combine cream cheese and white sugar
- Beat on medium- low speed until sugar dissolves
- Add eggs 1 at a time. Mix after each addition
- Add the vanilla essence and mix well.
- In another bowl mixes the all-purpose cream, all-purpose flour and salt.
- Pour the cream mixture into cream cheese mixture. Mix well
- Pour mixture into the pans
- Preheat oven at 400F for 10min.
- Bake at 30-45min.
- Cool cheesecake completely. Best served chilled