How to Make Chicken Fusilli Salad
- 500g fusilli
- 1 lb. chicken
- ¾ cup mayonnaise
- 2 200g pineapple tidbits tetra pack, drained
- 3 tbsp. of pineapple juice (from the tidbits)
- ¾ cup minced carrots
- ¾ cup raisins
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded or cut into tiny pieces
- ¼ tsp. garlic powder
- 4 cups water (for boiling chicken)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Boil the chicken in water with 1 tsp. of salt for about 25 minutes. Once cooked, drain the water and let the chicken cool.
- Discard the bone from the meat and then shred the chicken meat using your clean hands. Set aside.
- Cook the fusilli pasta as per package instructions. Add some cooking oil in the water to prevent the pasta from sticking together. Once cooked, drain and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl or container, combine the mayonnaise, garlic powder, pineapple juice from the tidbits, salt and ground pepper. Mix well and adjust the ingredients as necessary per your preference.
- Add-in the shredded chicken, carrots, fusilli, raisins and pineapple tidbits. Mix well. (Add more mayonnaise if you want a creamier texture and stronger taste).
- Add the cheese on top.
- Transfer to a covered container then refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Serve and enjoy your chicken fusilli salad!