Cannot decide whether you want a fruity or creamy dessert? Here is a recipe that will satisfy you with both and make you want for more-fruity leche gulaman dessert!
Sometimes, it is crazy but you want different desserts at once. Did it ever happen to you? We bet that it did. How did you react to such cravings? Yay! If ever that feeling comes to you again, worry no more. You can try this fresh, sweet, creamy dessert.
In this recipe, you will have three desserts in one plate-fruits that you love, creamy flan, and refreshing jelly. Leche flan and gelatin are staple desserts in Filipino gathering. Filled with colors and flavors, they really brighten up any occasion. After the oily and savory food, it is good to be refreshed with these sweets. And hey, even simple fruits will do. So how does this recipe combine the two? We will skip the steaming process of making leche flan. Instead, the flan mixture will be added to the jelly one. They are boiled together. Do not forget to stir while boiling. If you fail in this, you will expect for burnt parts and smell in your mixture. And oh, with the flan, adding calamansi peel is good; it will remove the not-so-good egg smell. It can also add a sight citrusy flavor to your mixture.
Even if the fruits look like just toppings or decoration on this sweet, they surely add extra flavor. You can even opt to add fresh, real fruits instead of the canned ones. It is all up to you and your taste. You can also adjust the sugar level according to what you want. But please still be mindful of your sugar intake. Too much is not beneficial. Enjoy a sweet way to end your meal!
How to Make Fruity Leche Gulaman Dessert
- 1 can fruit cocktail 482g
- 1 sachet jelly powder yellow, unflavored
- 300 ml condensed milk
- 3 pcs eggs
- 4 drops vanilla
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- calamansi peels
- 5 1/2 cups water
- brown sugar 3 tbsp per 1 medium-sized llanera
- Caramelize brown sugar in each llanera over low heat. Swirl the llanera over the fire until sugar caramelized and turn golden honey in color.
- Put a layer of fruit cocktail over the caramelized sugar in each llanera. Set aside.
- Crack then beat the eggs in a mixing bowl. Add some calamansi peels to eliminate the stench from the eggs. It will also add a slight of citrusy flavor to the mixture.
- Add milk and vanilla. Mix well then set aside.
- In a pot combine jelly powder, water, and white sugar. Stir well.
- Put the pot on a stove with medium heat. Bring to a boil while stirring continuously.
- Add the flan mixture. Remember to filter out the calamansi peels using a strainer.
- Bring to a boil again while continuously stirring. Remove from heat.
- Transfer the mixture to each llanera with fruit and caramelized sugar.
- Let it cool to set. You can also chill before serving.
- Enjoy your fruity leche gulaman!