Learn how to make homemade empanada dough! No need to bake! You can use this dough for your favorite fried empanada snacks or use in your food business!
Empanada Dough Recipe Video:
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel for more awesome recipe videos!
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Add baking soda, salt, fresh milk, egg, and butter. Mix well.
- After mixing, knead the mixture with your clean hands. Form the dough into a bun.
- With the dough inside, cover the mixing bowl with a plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Get a portion of the dough then form it to a round shape. (Tip: Spread some flour on your working area to avoid sticking.)
- Use a rolling pin to flatten the dough and make it thinner.
- With a dough cutter, make circles (about 4” diameter). Alternatively, you can use the rim of a small bowl and knife to trace and cut circles from the dough.
- Remove and add the excess to the remaining dough to make another batch.
- Now, you can put your favorite filling. Fry and you’re done! That’s how you make empanada dough.
You might like this recipe too: Cheesy Tuna Empanada Recipe