Super Moist Chocolate Cake in a Cup
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon iodized salt
- 2 cups brown sugar
- ½ cup corn oil or canola oil
- 1 tablespoon plain white vinegar
- 2 cups room temp water
- 12 oz cup
- Frosting Ingredients
- Boiled Icing
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup water
- 2 pcs. egg whites
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or calamansi juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- For Cake
- In a mixing bowl combine all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Mix until combined
- Add brown sugar, oil, water and white vinegar.
- Mix well.
- Strain the mixture, to remove the lumps.
- Transfer into a baking pan lined with parchment paper
- Bake in a preheated oven 350 F for 15-20mins or until almost firm.
- Let it cool.
- Pour ½ cup of cake in a 12 oz cup, add boiled icing frosting, and make 4 layers.
- More frosting in the last layer and sprinkles with chocolate chips.
- Cover and chill.
- Serve and Enjoy!!!
- Boiled Icing
- In a pot boiled sugar and water.
- Do not mix, wait until dissolve
- Wait for the best consistency of caramelized sugar until it becomes soft ball stage.
- While waiting you can beat the egg whites and lemon juice, until stiff peaks.
- Add caramelized sugar gradually, while beating
- After 5 mins you can add vanilla, beat again for 5-7 mins
- Don’t worry, boiled icing is safe over beat.
- You can add food color if you want.