Are you looking for your bulilit’s pambaon? Here is one of panlasang pinoy that you will love doing. This hotdog roll recipe will surely be a hit. It is quiet easy. Check this out!
School is here again. And the routine of preparing our kid’s lunch and merienda packs is sometimes boring? Why? Because you keep on preparing the same thing every week. Why not try something new? Surprise your kids with creative food ideas. They will surely appreciate it.
This five-ingredient recipe is an easy task. You can even let your kids help you. Hotdog roll may be something common, but believe me- your kids will love it. They love hotdogs! They want it fried. They want to dip it. They want to eat as is. They want it for breakfast, recess, and lunch. They simply love it. In this recipe, we will give it a bit of healthy touch with bread. As the name implies, hotdog will be rolled inside a flattened white bread. There goes protein and carbohydrate in one! It will surely be heavy for their recess. Pack it for their meryenda, and you might be able to save some of your budget.
By the way, have you ever wondered what really is this bright red thing that kids love? How is it made? Hotdog is a sausage made of meat trimmings and fat, flavorings (salt, paprika, and garlic), and preservatives, which are used for the curing process. There can also be other fillers and binders. Sodium erythorbate and sodium nitrite are the commonly used preservatives. The ingredients are mixed and placed in casings for cooking. Hotdog is said to originate from Germany.
So how long is the longest hotdog have you ever seen? Do you know that the longest one recorded in the world is 60 meters long? Yes! That long! It was placed in a 60.3-meter bun. This hotdog was prepared by Shizuoka Meat Producers for the All-Japan Bread Association. This hot dog and bun were the center of a media event in celebration of the Association’s 50th anniversary on August 4, 2006, at the Akasaka Prince Hotel, Tokyo, Japan.
Mommies, now is the time for you to make your own hotdog creation to be the center of interest of your kids! Try this recipe and let us know how it will turn out! Enjoy!
How to Make Hotdog Rolls
- 7 slices white bread
- 7 pcs hotdogs regular size
- 1 box 165g cheese, cut into strips
- 2 pcs eggs beaten
- 1 cup breadcrumbs Japanese-style
- cooking oil
- 14 pcs toothpicks
- Heat cooking oil in a pan.
- Fry the hotdogs until cooked through. When done, remove the hotdogs from heat then drain excess oil with tissue paper. Set aside.
- Remove the crust of each white bread, so you can roll them easily.
- Flatten each white bread using a rolling pin. If you don’t have a rolling pin, use the back of a spoon.
- Put 1 piece of hotdog & 2 strips of cheese in each white bread. Roll tightly then secure with 2 pieces of toothpicks.
- Dip hotdog rolls on beaten eggs then coat with breadcrumbs.
- Heat about 2 cups cooking oil in a pan.
- Fry the hotdog rolls until both sides turn golden brown.
- Remove from heat. Let the oil drip before transferring to a serving plate. Don’t forget to remove the toothpicks before serving.
- Serve and enjoy your hotdog rolls!