Ahh, of course! We should always try to make our breakfasts extra special because it’s the most important meal of the day. You know, it gives us the energy and the drive to go on and be the best versions of ourselves all throughout the day. As Filipinos, I’m sure that some of your all-time favorite breakfast dishes are Tapsilog, Longsilog, Lugaw, Tuyo, and many more. Well, let’s make something new for today, shall we? Let’s make some Mini Pancakes!
Anyone here who doesn’t love pancakes? Ah, I’m sure everyone does! Pancakes in the morning are perfect pairs for a freshly-brewed coffee that really gives us a boost in starting the day. I know that there are already several readymade pancake mixes in grocery stores but making your own version at home is always fun and more healthy as well! It also gives you a chance to explore your creativity and skills!
Mini Pancakes Recipe
Are you ready to make your breakfasts extra special? Well, we better start cooking then! All of the ingredients we’ll need for this recipe can be easily bought from nearby grocery stores, local markets, and even your neighborhood sari-sari stores. Some may actually be already in your kitchen so better check your supplies! Oh, and of course, the cooking procedures are very easy to follow so just take your time and enjoy the process, okay?
The ingredients we’ll need for today are all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, vanilla, evaporated milk, water, egg, butter, and salt. You might also want to throw in a squeeze bottle because we’ll be needing to easily pour the pancake mix. Oh, and don’t forget some syrup to make our mini pancakes more delicious, okay?
Alright! Now that we’ve got everything that we need, it’s time to cook some delicious mini pancakes. First, we need to combine all of the dry ingredients such as all-purpose flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt. Make sure to sift them first to avoid creating lumps in the mix. Next, we can now add the eggs, butter, evaporated milk, and water into the mixture. Mix everything up until all the ingredients are well-combined. Then, you can now add the vanilla extract to perfectly balance all the flavors. Once you’re done doing all of that, set the pancake mixture aside and let it rest for about 10 minutes.
After 10 minutes, pour the pancake mixture into a squeeze bottle so we can easily make some mini pancakes. Next, heat the pan, put a little bit of oil, and pour small amounts of pancake mix to create mini pancakes. Make sure to leave enough spaces between so that the pancakes won’t stick together, okay? Keep on cooking and flipping the pancakes using BBQ sticks until you use up all of the pancake mixtures we prepared.
And voila! Gather all the mini pancakes in one container, drizzle some syrup, add some butter, and enjoy your treat!
Ah, I’m sure you enjoyed that one! It’s nice to enjoy your favorite pancakes in mini bite sizes, right? Of course, you can always be creative and add some tasty toppings like powdered sugar, fresh fruits, and even some berries to make our pancakes extra special!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3 tbsp baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- ½ cup water
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp salt
- -½ cup sugar (for homemade pancake)
- -1 tbsp Lemon juice (for homemade pancake)
- -1 cup water (for homemade pancake)
- -Butter ( optional ) (for homemade pancake)
- In a mixing bowl sift the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt to remove lumps. Mix well
- Add the egg, butter, evaporated min and water. Mix well
- Add the vanilla mix until well combined. Set aside rest for 10 mins.
- Pour in a squeeze bottle.
- Grease the pan with little oil.
- Pour a little bit of pancake mixture.
- Make sure there’s space to avoid sticking together.
- Flip the mini pancake with BBQ stick.
- Enjoy with your pancake syrup.
- In a pan pour the water and sugar. (for homemade pancake)
- Stir until dissolved. (for homemade pancake)
- Leave it for 10mins.In low medium heat. (for homemade pancake)
- Cover and let it boil. (for homemade pancake)
- Add lemon juice, stir and let it boil for another 10mins. (for homemade pancake)
- Lastly add the butter and remove to heat. (for homemade pancake)