Chocolate brownie, an American influence on our Pinoy culture, is a crowd-pleaser. People love this chocolatey goodness! It is easy to know why brownies are named as such. Their name came from the dark brown color. How did this brownie came into existence? There are a lot of legends actually. One says that melted chocolate was added mistakenly by a chef to a batch of biscuits. Another tells that a cook who was making a cake found no enough flour for it. Well, whatever it is, thank you! You gave birth to a very delightful treat!
Brownies are classified as bar cookies according to the manner of handling dough. The batter of these cookies are poured or pressed into rectangular pan, baked, and cut into individual squares. And brownies can still be classified differently according to texture. First is the cake-style brownie, which is similar to a cake. A fudgy one is very dense, buttery, and richer than a cake-style brownie. Richness refers to the fatness due to butter content. A moist brownie is similar to a piece of moist cake. It is not dry. A super moist brownie will be denser, and it will be fudgy. Chocolatey is the intensity of chocolate flavor.
This recipe will give you a rich, fudgy brownies. You can add more to the frosting indicated. In addition to chopped peanuts, chocolate chip or mini marshmallow, you can also try the goodness of an ice cream topping to it when being served. The advantage of using this recipe is that you will not use an oven. Instead, a non-stick an will do the trick. Curious? Try it. There is no harm in trying. You will love your no-bake brownies for sure!
How to Make No Bake Brownies Using Non-Stick Pan
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 2 cups evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp coffee powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk for frosting
- 1 cup dark chocolate for frosting
- chopped peanuts for toppings
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder to remove lumps then mix well. Set aside.
- Prepare non-stick pan over low heat.
- Pour just 1 cup of evaporated milk first into the pan. Then add sugar, butter, vanilla extract, and coffee powder. Mix and cook until the butter is completely dissolved.
- Add the mixed flour and cocoa powder. Mix continuously. After a few minutes, gradually add the other 1 cup of evaporated milk. Mix continuously. If the mixture can hold a shape then it is done.
- Transfer the brownies mixture into a container with aluminum foil or wax paper. Flatten the surface using a spoon or spatula. Set aside.
- For making the frosting, a double boiler is needed but you can improvise. A pot with boiling water at the bottom and a non-stick pan on top will do.
- Pour 1/4 cup of evaporated milk into the boiler. Add the dark chocolate pieces. Continuously mix and cook until the chocolate melts.
- Pour the frosting evenly on top of the brownies mixture. Sprinkle with chopped peanuts or you can also use choco chips or mini marshmallows if you want.
- Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
- Slice into bite-sized bars before serving. Enjoy your no bake brownies!