- 1½ cups grated cassava
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 pandan leaves
- 2 cups water
- ½ tsp lye water (lihia)
- Food color (color of your choice)
- Grated coconut
- Grated cheese
- Melted butter, for greasing
- First, prepare the cassava. Peel off its skin then wash with water.
- Grate the cassava then set aside.
- Next, boil the pandan leaves in 2 cups of water until reduced to 1 cup.
- In a mixing bowl, pour the boiled water with pandan. Add the sugar then stir well.
- Add the food color and lihia then stir well.
- Add the grated cassava then mix well.
- Brush some melted butter in each molder cup. Then put pichi-pichi mixture in each molder cup.
- Arrange them properly in the steamer. Steam until the mixture becomes translucent.
- While still hot, remove the cooked mixture from the cup.
- Roll some pieces into the grated cheese and some pieces into the grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy your pichi-pichi with grated cheese and coconut!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More