How to Make Pichi – Pichi
- 3 cups grated cassava
- 2 cup sugar
- 5 pandan leaves
- 4 cups water
- 1 tbsp. lye water lihia
- Food color color of your choice
- Grated coconut
- Grated cheese
- Oil for brushing the cups
- First, prepare the cassava. Peel off its skin then wash with water.
- Next, boil the pandan leaves in 4 cups of water until reduced to 2 cup.
- Grate the cassava and squeeze then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl with cassava, pour the boiled water with pandan. Add the sugar then stir well.
- Add the food color and lihia then stir well.
- Brush some oil in each molder cup. Then put pichi-pichi mixture in each molder cup.
- Arrange them properly in the steamer. Steam for 10 – 15 mins. Until the mixture becomes translucent.
- Remove in the cup and roll some pieces into the grated coconut and some of is sprinkle of grated cheese.
- Serve and enjoy your pichi-pichi!