How to Make Potato Cheese Rolls
- 2 pcs potatoes large
- 1 pack cheese 165 g
- 1 cup breadcrumbs Japanese-style
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp salt
- cooking oil for deep-frying
- 4 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- Peel the potatoes then cut into small pieces.
- Boil the potatoes until tender enough (use a fork to test).
- Drain using a strainer then transfer to a bowl.
- While still hot, mash the boiled potatoes using a fork then let it cool down a bit.
- Slice the cheese into strips.
- Get about 2 tbsp of mashed potato then flatten it using your clean hands. Put 1 strip of cheese at the center then wrap mashed potato around it. Make sure the cheese is completely covered.
- Coat the potato cheese roll with flour. Next, dip it to the beaten egg with salt. Lastly, coat it with breadcrumbs. Tip: use different hands when handling dry and wet breading. Do steps 6 and 7 until all ingredients are consumed.
- Heat cooking oil in a deep pan.
- Add the potato cheese rolls. Fry until golden brown.
- Remove from heat then drain excess oil.
- Combine mayonnaise and ketchup for the dipping sauce.
- Serve and enjoy your potato cheese rolls!