For the filling:
- 1 lb ground pork
- 3 pcs hard boiled eggs, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup grated cheese
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pc onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup potato, diced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peas
- 1/4 cup carrot, diced
- 1/4 cup raisins
- salt, to taste
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- cooking oil
For the dough:
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into pieces
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 cup cold water
- Heat about 3 tbsp cooking oil in a pan. Add garlic and onion sauté until fragrant.
- Add the ground pork. Cook until it turns brown.
- Add potato, carrots, raisins, green peas, salt, soy sauce, and oyster sauce. Stir then cook for 5 minutes or until the vegetables are cooked. Remove from heat then set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and salt. Mix thoroughly.
- Add cold butter pieces. Knead with your clean hands until the butter is fully incorporated.
- Gradually add water while kneading until a soft dough is formed. Cover with plastic then chill for 30 minutes.
- Spread some flour to your flat workspace.
- Divide the dough into 6 to 8 portions. Flatten each portion using a rolling pin.
- Place about 2 tbsp of the filling on the center of one dough portion. Add a slice of hard boiled egg and some grated cheese.
- Fold and press the edges of the dough on top of each other. Seal it off by using a fork. Repeat steps 9-10 for the remaining portions and fillings.
- Deep-fry the empanadas by batch until golden brown. Remove from heat then drain excess oil.
- Serve and enjoy your special pork empanada!