How to Make Special Turon
- Spring roll lumpia wrapper
- Ripe plantains saba, sliced into half
- Brown sugar
- Sweetened jackfruit langka
- Cooking oil for deep frying
- Preparation of the sweetened jackfruit:
- In a saucepan, boil 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Add 1 cup sugar and 3 cups of washed jackfruit pieces.
- Cook until the sugar turns into syrup.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cooking the turon:
- Coat the saba slices with brown sugar.
- Place them in the lumpia wrapper (preferably two 2 saba slices in one wrapper).
- Add some sweetened jackfruit.
- Fold and lock the wrapper. Seal it by brushing some water at the edge of the wrapper.
- Place the finished ones on a plate or container. They are now ready for frying.
- In a frying pan, heat oil and add some brown sugar. Wait for the sugar to caramelize.
- Put-in the turon. Fry until all sides turn golden brown and the sugar sticks into the wrapper.
- Remove from heat. Use a strainer to drain oil from the turon.
- Serve hot and enjoy your special turon!