- 1 cup powdered milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
- 2 tbsp ube halaya
- 1 tbsp white sugar
- powdered sugar, for coating (optional)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the powdered milk, ube halaya, sugar, and condensed milk. (Just add about half amount of the condensed milk. Adjust later on.) Mix well.
- If the mixture is too dry add more condensed milk. If it’s too wet add more powdered milk.
- Mix well until texture becomes ready for molding.
- Knead the mixture with your clean hands on a flat surface such as a chopping board. (Tip: Spread some powdered milk on the board so that the mixture will not stick to it.)
- Sprinkle some powdered sugar for coating. You can also use regular white sugar instead.
- Get half of the mixture then form it into a long, thin tube. Afterwards, slice it into small tubes. Repeat for the other half of the mixture.
- Wrap the pastillas individually in cellophane.
- Serve to your family or sell it for additional income. Enjoy your ube pastillas!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More