- 1.2 kg Chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 can of peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of capers
- 3 tbsp of green olives
- Bay leaves 4 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 a glass of wine (for a classic Hunter’s chicken use red but I used white)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in a hot pan and fry the chicken pieces until lightly browned and put to one side.
- Heat an another saucepan with oil and fry the onions.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Add the tomatoes( breaking them with a wooden spoon). Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine.
- Add the olives, capers and the anchovies.
- Add the chicken and simmer until Chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced and thick. ( I added a cup of water as I thought it would be too dry but you can skip the water).
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More