- 1.2 kg Chicken pieces
- Salt and pepper
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 onion
- 1 can of peeled plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp of capers
- 3 tbsp of green olives
- Bay leaves 4 tbsp of oil
- 1/2 a glass of wine (for a classic Hunter’s chicken use red but I used white)
- Season the chicken with salt and pepper and dust with flour. Shake off any excess flour.
- Add 2 tbsp of oil in a hot pan and fry the chicken pieces until lightly browned and put to one side.
- Heat an another saucepan with oil and fry the onions.
- Add the garlic, rosemary and the bay leaves.
- Add the tomatoes( breaking them with a wooden spoon). Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add the wine.
- Add the olives, capers and the anchovies.
- Add the chicken and simmer until Chicken is cooked through and sauce is reduced and thick. ( I added a cup of water as I thought it would be too dry but you can skip the water).
Source: Everyday Cooking With Mira