I was reminded of my childhood years how happy it was! As a tot, I was always given an opportunity to eat what I want especially whenever there is an event in our school and I am one of the participants. Every time there is an event in our school, there’s always Ice Scramble which was always being sell just around the campus. During our time, Ice Scramble is just a simple one. But nowadays, we have a lot of varieties of Ice Scramble already.
Ice Scramble is made up of shaved ice which is mixed thoroughly (some used blender to make the mixing process easier). It is mixed with evaporated milk, banana extract (which gives the Ice Scramble a good and tempting smell), and sugar. Some usually used food color to make it more colorful and attractive to the person who tries to look at it.
To make your Ice Scramble yummy and beautiful you can add something on the top of it. You can use powdered milk (the topping that was once became famous during our time), chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, mini marshmallows, candy sprinkles or rice crispies.
The procedures below will teach you how to make it possible. try it now and share it to the whole family members, because this dessert is not just for kids but it also suits to adult too. It is a type of dessert that everyone would love!
Ice Scramble (Iskrambol) Recipe
- 3-4 cups shaved ice
- 1-2 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup Evaporated milk
- 1/2 tsp banana extract/flavoring
- 6-8 drops of red food color for pinkish color
- Optional Toppings: powdered milk chocolate syrup, strawberry syrup, mini marshmallows, candy sprinkles, rice crispies
- Mix evaporated milk, banana extract, red food color and sugar in a bowl.
- Add in shaved ice and mix thoroughly. You may also use a blender.
- Place in serving glasses or cups.
- Top it with optional toppings.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More