Japanese Cotton Cheesecake Recipe
- 250g cream cheese (1 block)
- 6 egg yolks
- 70g castor sugar
- 60g butter (1/4 block)
- 100 ml full cream milk
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp lemon zest (or lemon essence) (optional)
- 60g cake flour
- 20g cornflour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- 6 egg whites
- ¼ tsp cream of tartar
- 70g castor sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C (Top and bottom heat, no fan force)
- Line bottom of the cake pans and grease the sides.
- Whisk cream cheese and butter till smooth over a water bath or can do double boil method.
- Add the sugar (70g) and whisk until dissolved. Remove from water bath
- Add cold milk and whisk until combined.
- Add egg yolks one at a time and whisk until smooth.
- Add vanilla, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest and whisk
- Sift flour and fold into mixture. Set aside.
- Whisk whites at low speed till foamy
- Add cream of tartar and beat at high speed till bubbles become very small but still visible
- Gradually add sugar (70g) and beat till just before soft peaks
- Fold whites into batter ⅓ at a time. Set aside a couple of tablespoons. Divide batter into 2 portions and add 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder into one portion together with the reserved meringue. Gently fold until combined.
- Pour both batter alternately into prepared pan and tap the pan on the counter to release air bubbles
- Bake on the lowest rack in a preheated 200 degree C oven (top and bottom heat, no fan force) for 18min, lower to 160 degree C for 12 mins and turn off the oven and leave cake in the closed oven for 30 mins. Open the door of the oven slightly at the end of the baking for 10 mins for cake to cool.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More