Japanese Pasta with Mushrooms and Chicken Soy Sauce and Butter Sauce Recipe BY CHEF BOY LOGRO
- 3/4 lb dry spaghetti Al Dente
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 lb shiitake mushrooms
- 2 tbsp Japanese soy sauce
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp neutral oil
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 500g Chicken slice
- 1/2 cup pasta water
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pc. Nori
- ½ cup white wine/vinegar + 1/4 cup sugar (Mirin)
- 1 tsp. Chicken powder (Hondashi)
- Fill large pot with salted water and bring to boil. Add spaghetti to pot.
- In large pan over high heat, add oil, butter and garlic. Cook for 2 mins.
- Add mushrooms and cook for 3 mins.
- Add shallots and cook for 2 mins.
- Add chicken breast slices.
- While pasta is boiling, reserve about ½ cup of pasta water. Drain pasta and add to pan of cooked mushrooms. Mix well and add soy sauce, sake and mirin. Mix well again, making sure all pasta is coated with ingredients.
- Add good amount of fresh ground black pepper and a little bit of pasta water to make sauce thicker. Then lastly garnish with onion leeks and julienne nori.
- Serve with parmesan cheese.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More