Kasubha Cream Sauce Recipe By Chef Boy Logro
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ½ cup fish stock
- 1 pinch kasubha (saffron)
- 500g shelled scallops, large
- 1 tsp salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 125 ml cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp lemon juice , squeeze
- 10g chopped flat leaf parsley (to garnish) crusty bread, to serve
- Put wine, fish stock and saffron in a pan and bring to a boil. Lower heat, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes.
- Season scallops with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in large heavy bottom skillet. Add onion and garlic and cook for five minutes or until soft. Add scallops and cook gently for five minutes stirring occasionally, or until they turn just opaque. Be careful not to overcook.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove scallops from skillet and transfer to warmed plate. Add kasubha liquid to skillet, bring to a boil, and boil rapidly until reduced to about half. Lower heat and gradually stir in the cream, just a little at a time.
- Let simmer gently until sauce thickens. Return scallops to skillet and let simmer for 1-2 minutes just to heat through. Add a squeeze of lemon juice and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, garnished with parsley, and accompanied by chunks or slices of crusty bread for mopping up the sauce.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More