- 3 tbsp. Cooking oil
- 5 pcs. shallots, peeled and sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5 pcs. dried mushrooms soaked in hot water, sliced into strips
- ½ cup hibi or dried shrimp, soaked in hot water
- 1 kilo rice
- ½ kilo malagkit rice
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 2 tsp. white sugar
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- 4 tsp. Sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. chicken powder
- ½ kilo chicken chunks, cooked as adobo
- 7 cups chicken stock
- shallots , sliced and fried crispy
- Peanuts , fried in oil
- Green onion , chopped
- In a large bowl, combine regular rice and malagkit rice. Pour water to cover and soak for two hours. Cook chicken as adobo.
- In a large wok, heat cooking oil. Sauté onions and garlic until fragrant. Add sliced mushrooms and hibi.
- Mix in the soaked rice. Season with soy sauce, sugar, black pepper, sesame oil and chicken powder. Add the chicken adobo chunks and mix with the rice.
- Pour the stock and bring to a boil while stirring gently. Cover and simmer until rice is cooked.
- To serve, top with fried shallots, peanuts and chopped green onions.