- 1 can Coconut Milk (400ml) or
- 2 cups of fresh shredded mature Coconut
- 2 cups warm water
- Mix the grated coconut with the warm water in a large bowl.
- Scoop the coconut into a sheet of cheesecloth and squeeze over the bowl to express as much coconut juice as possible then strain into a pan. Discard the coconut.
- Bring the liquid to a boil and cook until the mixture is dry, about 15 minutes
- When the texture turns gelatinous, lower the heat and continue stirring.
- It will curdle as it dries, continue stirring until brownish residues are formed which are called ‘latik.’
- This can be used right away to top your Filipino dessert or store it in the fridge for a few days.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More