Lechon Kawali (Pan-Roasted Pork) is my mom’s favorite Filipino food dish. When I have a time to cook back then, she’ll request me to make some. She even asked the recipe so that whenever she craves for it, she can cook lechon kawali (pan-roasted pork) by herself.
- 1-1/2 lb. pork liempo(pork belly), cut into serving pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/4 tsp. pepper or 1 tsp. peppercorns
- 2 tbsp. salt
- water, for boiling
- oil, for frying
- 1 tbsp. soy sauce
2-1/2 tbsp. vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- chili peppers (optional)
- Put pork pieces in a big pot. Cover with water. Add garlic, pepper or peppercorns and salt.
- Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for an hour or until meat is tender. Drain.
- Deep-fry liempo pieces in batches until golden brown and blisters appear on skin.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Mix together all ingredients for the sauce.
- Serve with chopped lechon kawali.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More