- 2 lbs. pork belly
- 5 pcs. dried bay leaves (laurel)
- 2 tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. whole peppercorns
- 2 medium-sized onions
- 3 cups cooking oil
- 34 ounces water
- For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 1 medium-sized onion (chopped)
- ½ cup water
- 3 tbsp. vinegar (we used sukang Ilocos)
- 4 tbsp. soy sauce
- Pour the water in a big cooking pot & bring to a boil.
- Put in the pork belly, onions, 1tbsp salt, bay leaves & peppercorns. Simmer for 30 minutes or until meat is tender.
- Remove the meat from the pot and let it cool down.
- Spread 1 tbsp of salt on the meat, make sure to distribute it evenly on all sections.
- We should deep fry the meat. On a dry frying pan, place the cooking oil and heat it up.
- When the oil is hot enough, put in the meat & cook until the bottom part is brown. Flip the meat to cook the opposite part.
- Remove the meat from the pan, let it cool down a little then slice according to desired portions. Place in a plate with paper towels so the oil from meat will be absorbed.
- Serve with sauce and enjoy!
- Making the sauce:
- Put in the water, onion, sugar, vinegar and soy sauce in a small bowl.
- Stir thoroughly until well blended.
- Serve and enjoy!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More