- 1 whole chicken, around 1.6 – 1.8 kgs)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 head cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- ⅓ cup calamansi juice or lime juice
- 1 dozen lemongrass bulbs, pounded
- 2 pcs bay leaves
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- freshly ground black pepper
- Clean chicken and dry it with paper towels. Rub chicken with salt inside and out.
- In a bowl combine together onions, garlic, freshly ground black pepper, sugar, calamansi juice and fish sauce.
- Rub chicken with the marinade inside and out then place in a zip lock bag together with any remaining marinade. Lock the bag and let it marinate overnight.
- Remove chicken from the fridge 3 hours before cooking and when ready stuff cavity with lemongrass and bay leaves. Reserve any remaining marinade.
- Grill chicken in a 200C preheated oven using its rotisserie function and cook for 1 hr and 20 minutes. If you don’t have the rotisserie function place chicken in a wire rack above a baking tray.
- Combine reserved marinade with 2 tbsp of oil then use together with the drippings it to baste the chicken every 20 minutes until cooked.
- Serve while hot with
Prep time: 30 mins
Cook time : 1 hour 20 mins
Total time :1 hour 50 mins
Recipe Source here