- 4 chicken breasts (about 1.5lbs total)
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon capers
- Cooked egg noodles, for serving
- Parsley, for garnish (optional)
- With a meat mallet or the back of a frying pan, pound the chicken to an even thickness.
- Combine the flour, salt, garlic powder and pepper in a shallow dish. Dip the chicken into the flour mixture coating both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons of butter along with the oil over medium heat. Brown the chicken, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the water and lemon juice. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the pan. Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter and the capers to the sauce and continue to simmer until butter is melted. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve chicken and sauce over egg noodles. Garnish with chopped parsley, if desired.
Source: Kitchen Gidget