- 2 tbsp dry sherry
- 4 green ( spring ) onions, chopped
- 1 piece of root ginger, shredded
- 500 g boned chicken, cut into 1 inch strips
- 2 celery sticks, sliced
- 125 button mushrooms, quartered
- 1 green pepper, cored, seeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp light soy sauce
- Shredded rind of 2 lemons
- A few lemon slices to garnish
- 2 tbsp oil for stir – frying
- Put the sherry, spring onions and ginger in a bowl.
- Add the chicken, toss well to coat, then leave to marinate in the bowl for 15 minutes.
- Heat the celery, mushrooms, and the green pepper. Stir – fry for 1 minute.
- Add the chicken and marinade, then cook for 3 minutes. Stir in the soy sauce and lemon rind then cook for a further minute.
- Pile into a warmed serving dish and garnish with lemon.