- 3 limes, divided
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed or finely minced
- 2 teaspoons dry sherry
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound raw shrimp, deveined and peeled (tails left on)
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley for garnish
- Grate the zest and squeeze the juice from 2 limes into a small bowl. Add garlic and sherry and stir to combine. Slice the remaining lime into wedges.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Season shrimp with salt and pepper.
- Add shrimp to the skillet and cook, tossing occasionally, until it begins to turn pink and curl. Pour in the lime juice mixture.
- Cook until shrimp is done (do not over-cook the shrimp). Remove shrimp from the skillet and place in a serving bowl.
- Cook the sauce and additional few minutes to reduce it and concentrate the flavors.
- Add butter and stir until melted and combined. Pour sauce over shrimp and garnish with chopped parsley.
- Serve immediately with lime wedges.
Recipe Source here