- 1 whole or 1.3 to 1.5 kg. chicken, deboned
- 3 8-gram sachets MAGGI MAGIC SARAP
- 1 tsp. black pepper
- 2 tbsp. kecap manis or dark sweet soy sauce
- ½ lemon, juiced
For Stuffing, combine the following in a bowl and mix well:
- 2 pcs. fresh pork sausage
- 15 pcs. hard-boiled quail eggs
- 1 cup grated Mozzarella
- ½ chorizo Pamplona, cut into strips
- 6 pcs. cornichons (small pickles)
- 4 slices honeyed ham
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- 1 cup chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup sliced leeks
- 1 tbsp. butter
- Season chicken with marinade ingredients for at least 4 hours.
- Layer stuffing ingredients inside chicken in the sequence stated above. Truss chicken and place in a roasting pan. Cover in foil and bake in a pre-heated 350⁰F oven for 30 minutes. Remove foil and brush with olive oil. Continue baking until golden brown, around 45-60 minutes. Let rest 15 minutes before carving.
- In a pan, caramelize sugar with onions and tomatoes. Lower heat, then add balsamic vinegar and leeks. Continue cooking until leeks are tender. Add butter and remove from fire. Serve with chicken relleno.