Maja De Ube Recipe
Ube and maja, rolled into one? Yes! Maja de Ube gets the earthy, tarty sweetness of purple yam or more commonly known and beloved as ube. Then, add to that the gelatin goodness of your maja. Voila! The resulting maja de ube dessert is one that people can’t get enough of. The jelly and the yam are a good pair that balances the sweetness and tanginess of each other, and the consistency is very fun to chew on. Surely, this tickles the taste buds, being a fun way to cap a hearty lunch or dinner. Go grab your wok and get your sweet gelatin on.
- 1 pc. Ube(cook)
- 1 cup pure coconut milk
- 1 cup Kakang-gata
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 3 cup water
- 1½ cups sugar
- 200grams cornstarch
- Latik for toppings
- In a pan, mix the 1cup of water, sugar, kakang-gata and evaporated milk. Make sure the mixture is free of lumps. Cook in medium heat.
- Add the ube and food coloring. Stir until the ube dissolves.
- Use strainer to refine the ube.
- Turn to low when maja starts to boil.
- Add the pure coconut milk and stir.
- Add the cornstarch dissolved into 2 cups of water then stir continuously to prevent mixture from scorching.
- When the mixture starts to glisten, maja is fully cooked.
- Immediately transfer into a rectangular bowl to set. Top with toasted grated coconut.
- Serve and enjoy the maja ube.