- 500 g beef brisket, cut into two-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 whole onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons rice wine
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 3 pcs star anise
- 6 cups beef broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 250 grams egg noodles
- 1 cup spring onions, chopped
- 1 cup Chinese pechay
- In a pot, put the sesame oil.
- Pan sear the beef brisket for a minute.
- Add the garlic, onions, and ginger.
- Pour the rice wine, soy sauce, and beef broth.
- Add the star anise, salt and pepper.
- Bring to a boil and simmer until tender.
- When beef is cooked, add the brown sugar.
- Add the noodles.
- Add the Chinese pechay and simmer until the vegetables are cook.
- Garnish with spring onions.
FOR TOASTED/ FRIED SIOPAO:
- For the dough:
1 kg all-purpose flour
- 1 cup baking powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Warm water as needed
- 1/2 kg ground pork
- 1/2 cup onions, chopped
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup sesame oil
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 2 tbsps hoisin sauce
- Salted eggs, quartered
- Chorizo, sliced
FOR THE DOUGH:
- Mix the flour, baking powder, and sugar.
- Gently add warm water.
- Knead to make a dough and set aside.
FOR THE SIOPAO FILLING:
- Combine the ingredients for the filling.
- Take about two tablespoons of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Repeat the steps.
- Take the dough depending on the size of siopao you want to make.
- Fill with the prepared filling and a quarter of the salted eggs and a slice of chorizo.
- Steam siopao for 10-15 minutes.
- Add siopao to the skillet, setting them on their flat bottoms.
- Pan fry for about three minutes until the bottoms turn brown.
- Add about 1/4 cup water to the pan and quickly cover with lid.
- Turn the heat to low and steam for about four minutes.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More