- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp. salt
- 2 tbsp. yeast
- 2 cups and 5 tbsp. cold water
- Mix the flour and salt into a large pot.
- Mix cold water with yeast. Stir for a couple of minutes.
- Mix the water with yeast into the flour mixture. Stir for about a minute.
- Use your hands and knead it until it becomes a solid block.
- Add little flour if the dough is wet, and water if too dry.
- Place the dough in a bowl and cover, let it rest for 2 hours until risen.
- When the dough has risen twice its size, start kneading into thick long sizes and use a knife to cut into serving pieces.
- Leave the mantao on a wooden board for 15 minutes for it to rise some more.
- Place damp gauze on the bottom of the steamer.
- Put buns on the steamer and let them steam on high heat for 10-15 minutes.
- Turn heat off and let sit for 3-5 minutes more before removing the lid.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More