A lot of people go to the famous Filipino restaurant chain Max’s for their delicious fried chicken, but a close second to their hearts—and their stomachs—is the delicious sizzling tofu that Max’s prepares. Creamy, silky in texture with a hint of spice and heat from the chopped chilies, the secret down to this perfect marriage of healthy, tasty tofu squares with the sauce that you can’t stop dipping your spoon into is the mayonnaise, with some oyster sauce and dried parsley flakes for added zest. The crunchy bell pepper and onion and garlic keep this dish from being too cloyingly rich from the mayo. With a sizzling plate for presentation and a few minutes to mix the sauce properly, this is a perfect showstopper for any family meal. Though it’s easy to prepare, it’s certainly impressive to whip up a sizzling dish in the home.
- 500-grams Chinese Tofu
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp dried parsley flakes
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 finger chilies, sliced
- Heat oil in a deep pan.
- Cut up the Chinese tofu into cubes and fry in hot oil until golden brown. Drain in paper towels.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, oyster sauce, sugar, parsley, and pepper. Mix well, and add water until desired thickness is achieved. Adjust taste accordingly.
- Heat the mayo mixture in low heat while stirring for two minutes, then add the bell pepper and continue stirring for one more minute.
- Take your heated sizzling plate and add a small amount of vegetable oil.
- Saute garlic and onions until cooked, add in the tofu and mayo dressing and mix well.
- Sprinkle with sliced finger chili and more onions.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More