Mechado With Lemon Grass Recipe
November 10, 2014
- 1 k. bee, cubed
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 thumb size ginger, chopped
- 3 lemon grass bulbs
- 1 ½ cups tomato sauce
- 1 carrot, cubed
- 1 potato, cubed
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp. curry powder ( red or yellow )
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- ¼ tsp. cumin powder
- ¾ cups sugar
- 2 cups beef broth
- ⅛ cup soy sauce
- cooking oil
- Heat oil and saute the ginger, onions and lemon grass until aromatic.
- Add the beef, cinnamon, curry, cayenne pepper and cumin.
- Add the tomato sauce, soy sauce and beef stock. allow to simmer.
- Add the carrot and the potato. cover and allow to cook.
- Add the sugar and allow to cook some more
- The mechado is done when the beef is tender and the sauce has thickened.
Check Out Our Recommended Products for you!
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More