- 2 cups rice flour
- 3/4 cup water
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1/4 tbsp orange food coloring
- Oil for deep frying
- Cling wrap or wax paper
- ½ kilo pork, cut into small cubes
- ¼ kilo pork liver, cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup garbanzos, peeled
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 head of garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 cup pork stock
- salt and pepper
- In a bowl, combine all ingredients until it forms into a dough.
- Knead for a few minutes until smooth, cover with plastic and chill for 1 1/2 hours.
- In a pan or wok, saute garlic and onion. Add the pork and liver until lightly browned.
- Add tomatoes, bell pepper, garbansos, potatoes, soy sauce, tomato sauce, and stock.
Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for 20 minutes or until pork is tender.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Place 1-2 tablespoon of menudo on top of the empanada dough and seal tightly. Deep fry until golden.