Menudo – Filipino Pork Stew Recipe
- 2 Tablespoons of Cooking Fat (lard, olive oil)
- 1 Yellow Onion, chopped
- 3 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 lbs Pork Loin, cut into 1″ cubes
- ½ cup of Chicken Liver, diced
- 1 Tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 4 Small Potatoes, peeled and cut into 1″ cubes
- 3 Carrots, peeled cut into 2″ cylinders
- 1 15 oz can of Tomato Sauce
- 1 Bay Leaf
- ½ teaspoon of Sea Salt
- 1 teaspoon of Black Pepper
- 1 Sweet Bell Pepper (pick from red, orange, yellow, or a mixture), diced
- 1 small Green Bell Pepper, diced
- ¼ cup of Raisins
- ½ cup of Frozen Peas
- Heat a large pot to medium high and add the cooking fat.
- Saute the onions and garlic, until onions are translucent.
- Add the pork, liver, and fish sauce and cook until the pork edges are brown.
- Add the potatoes and carrots. Cook for another 3 minutes.
- Add the tomato sauce, bay leaves, salt and pepper and enough water to cover the meats. Simmer until potatoes can be poked easily (but not really soft). About 15 minutes.
- Add the diced peppers, raisins, and peas and cook for another 5 minutes until peppers are soft.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More