Mile High Shrimp Sandwiches Recipe
- 1 large carrot juilenned
- ¼ cup juilenned red onion
- 2 tsp fresh leon juice
- 2 tsp light brown sugar
- ½ tsp grated fresh ginger
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 package alfalfa sprouts
- 1 ½ pound cooked or grilled medium shrimps peeled, deveined
- 6 large slices sourdough bread lightly toated juice of 1 lime
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- Coarse or kosher salt
- Blue cheese dressing
- Blanch the carrots in rapidly boiling, salted water for about 30 seconds, or until the color is set, but the carrots are still very crisp. Drain well and cold, running water. Pat dry.
- Combine the carrots, onion, lemon juices, brown sugar, and cayenne in a small bowl and toss to mix. Season with salt and additional cayenne, as desire. Set aside ( this can bemade earlier, covered and refrigerated)
- Halve the avocado, holding the pit half in palm your hand. Whack the sharp side of a kitchen knife in the pit, twist slightly and pull out the pit. Pull off strips of peel from each half or scoop out avocado flesh into a small bowl. Mash with a fork, leaving some texture and adding the lime juice and salt to taste.
- Lay out sourdough toast on work surface. Spread the mashed avocado mixture on top of the slices. Lightly mound some sprouts on top; sprinkle with the carrot salad. Arrange shrimp on top and generously drizzle with blue cheese dressing.