- 4 4-inch pie crusts (one for the top crust, one for the bottom crust) ¼ cup all-
- purpose flour
- ¾ cup sugar
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg dash of salt
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cups thinly sliced and cored apple
- 3 cups thinly sliced chayote
- For the pie crust:
- 3 cups butter, softened
- 140 grams brown sugar
- 140 grams confectioner’s sugar
- 612 grams all-purpose flour
- Make the pie crust: Using your hands, mix butter, brown sugar, white sugar and flour together in a large bowl. Squeeze and work dough until it holds together.Press into 4 4-inch pie pans and chill for 2 hours. Bake for 15 minutes, or until lightly brown around the edges.
- To make the apple chayote filling: Mix the brown sugar, flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. In another bowl, sprinkle apples with the juice of a lemon and toss. Stir in the sugar mixture to evenly coat the apples. Place into pie crust, dot with butter. Cover with top crust, and slit evenly to let steam escape. Seal the top crust to the bottom by pinching the edges together. Cover edge of the crust with a three-inch strip of aluminum foil. Bake 40-50 minutes, until crust is brown and juice begins to bubble through top.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More