- 400 g. peeled and deveined shrimps
- 200 g. firm tofu, diced and drained
- 1 tbsp. sake or mirin
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- ½ tbsp.. ginger, grated
- 2 shiitake mushrooms, diced
- 2 tbsp. soy sauce
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- Oil for cooking
- Sliced baguette
- Alfalfa sprouts
- Sprinkle the shrimp with sake or mirin and set aside.
- Combine shrimp, egg, breadcrumbs, soy sauce, tofu, ginger and cornstarch in a food processor until well blended. Add the mushroom, spring onions last and give it a quick pulse.
- Heat up a large frying pan with a little oil. Form the mixture into small patties and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- To assemble, top patty onto bread, put a thin layer of mayonnaise then top with alfalfa sprouts and serve.