- 1 lb sirloin
- Pinch of salt 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp cornstarch 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 can of baby corn 4 green onions, sliced into pieces
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp water 3 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce ¼ tsp chili paste, or to taste
- 2 tsp rice vinegar, or 1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
- 1 cup oil for frying beef 1 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp oil for stir – frying
- Slice the beef into thin strips then marinade ingredients for thirty minutes.
- Wash green onions and salt diagonally.
- Peel and mince garlic then rinse the can of baby corn with warm running water then drain thoroughly.
- Mix the sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Add the beef and fry then drain on paper towels.
- Add garlic the stir – fry briefly and add baby corn and green onions.
- Add the sauce and bring to a boil, stirring to chicken.
- Stir in the sugar then add beef and combine with the sauce and vegetables.