- ½ kilo chicken breast cut 1/8 – ¼ inch thick strips
- 1 tbsp peanut oil for stir – frying ( optional if using non – stick fry pan instead of wok )
- 1 package coleslaw mix with green and purple cabbage and carrots if you can find it
- 2/3 cup green onions
- 1 tsp freshly grated ginger ( use more if you like )
- 1 tbsp cornstarch dissolved ( 8 inch diameter ), warmed
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp soy sauce reduced sodium is fine
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp sesame oil Olive oil works fine too
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp freshly grated ginger
- 2 tsp granulated sugar
- Slice chicken into thin strips. In a medium bowl combine marinade ingredients and add chicken, tossing to coat. Cover and marinate in refrigerator 10 – 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken from marinade, discard marinade. Heat wok and add peanut oil, or just heat large non – stick frying pan. Add chicken and stir fry until it turns white about 3 – 5 minutes.
- Add coleslaw mix, green onions, ginger, and cornstarch mixture. Cook and stir until sauce is thickened and bubbly.
- To assemble, spread one side of each tortilla with 2 tbsp of Hoisin sauce, spoon about ½ cup chicken mixture in center of each tortilla. Fold bottom edge up over filling. Fold right and left sides to center, overlapping edges. Makes 8 wraps.