- 1 kilo beef brisket, sliced into wide thin sheets
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 medium-sized carrot, quartered lengthwise
- 1 stalk celery, cut lengthwise
- 1 whole pickled cucumber, quartered lengthwise
- 5 pcs hotdog, quartered lengthwise
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-sized red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1/2 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons green olives
- 2 cups beef stock
- 2 pcs dried bay leaves
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- Dried parsley, chopped for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Kitchen twine
- Season the beef with salt, pepper and garlic powder.
- Wrap one piece of carrot, celery, pickled cucumber, and hotdog with one slice of bacon.
- Put the wrapped filling in the center of the beef, then roll.
- Tie with kitchen twine.
- Repeat procedure for the rest of the beef.
- Heat oil in a large pan over medium heat.
- Dredge beef rolls in flour, and fry until evenly light brown.
- Remove from pan and set aside.
- On the same pan, heat oil and saute the garlic, onion, green olives and tomato paste for one minute.
- Add the stock, bay leaves, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and tomato sauce.
- Stir and bring to a boil.
- Season the sauce with salt and pepper.
- Reduce the heat and simmer the beef rolls until tender.
- Remove the beef rolls from the saucepan and let it cool slightly.
- Strain and simmer sauce until thick.
- Remove kitchen twine from the beef rolls and cut into slices.
- Pour the sauce over the beef rolls.
- Garnish with chopped parsley.
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More