Native Chicken Sinigang sa Sampaloc Recipe
- 1 whole native chicken, cut into eight pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 pc onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger, julienned
- 3 tablespoons fish sauce
- ½ cup fresh tamarind
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup sliced string beans
- 1 cup sili (chili) leaves
- 1 cup sampaloc leaves
- Sauté garlic in oil until light brown.
- Add the onion and ginger.
- Fry the chicken and season with a tablespoon of fish sauce until the chicken
- turns light brown.
- In a separate sauce pan, boil tamarind until it becomes tender.
- Strain until you get a thick paste.
- Add the tamarind paste and let its flavors seep into the chicken for about half a minute.
- Add the water and bring to a boil.
- Let it simmer for 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of the chicken.
- Season the broth to your liking by adding more fish sauce or salt.
- Add the vegetables starting with the string beans and let it cook for about a minute.
- Add the sili and tamarind leaves and simmer for a minute before turning the heat off.
Other Sinigang Recipes you may like:
Panlasang Pinoy Recipes™ is a food blog that compiles delicious and easy to prepare recipes from various sources around the web. We claim no credit for any images, recipes and videos featured on this blog unless otherwise noted. Read More